Resources for learning more about Charles Darwin
- The Origin of Species, by Means of Natural Selection of the Preservation of Favoured Races in the Struggle for Life by Charles Darwin. The is the fundamental book in biology, a model of clear thinking and the great work that firmly proved that the diversity and efficacy of living organisms is entirely the result of natural, not supernatural, causes. Futher, the theory of natural selection provides the explanation in terms of which all else in biology becomes understandable.
- The Origin of Species, illustrated edition, Charles Darwin; David Quammen, editor. This spectacular book contains the full text of the preferred, first edition, and hundreds of illustrations from Darwin's life and travels.
- The Annotated Origin by . The full text of The Origin of Species plus extensive footnotes connecting Darwin's thinking to the confirmations and discoveries of modern biology.
- The Autobiography of Charles Darwin by Charles Darwin. This biography is excellent both as literature and as insight into the ideas and thinking methods of the great scientist.
- About Darwin – A well organized site of information about Charles Darwin's life, his books (including links to online versions), the Beagle voyage, other important players in and a brief history of evolutionary thinking, etc.
- Biology – Biology
- Evolution and the Fossil Record,
- Biology and Evolutionary Theory,
- The Tree of Life Web Project,
- About Darwin,
- Timeline of Evolutionary Thought,
- On-Line Biology Book,
- Dennis Kunkel Microscopy,
- Franklin Institute Online,
- Junk Science,
- Hall of Human Ancestors,
- Genes and Disease,
- Darwin Online,
- Darwin Resources
- Darwin Online – The world's largest and most widely used resource on Darwin