- How Not to Die, Surprising Lessons on Living Longer, Safer, and Healthier from America's Favorite Medical Examiner by . Stories and explanations of the main causes of accidental death, with a simple list of the top ten precautions. Follow the advice, and you will likely avoid most accidental early exits.
- Human Body by . Extensive, vivid and detailed pictures of the major internal element of the human body.
- Doctors, The Biography of Medicine by Sherwin B. Nuland. The history of medicine, its principal theories and biographies of key doctors who pioneered its advances.
- Hippocrates. The founder of scientific medicine. See the essay On Precepts for the criticism of those who work exclusively from theories and fail to take proper observations.
- The Work of Human Hands, Hardy Hendren and Surgical Wonder at Children's Hospital by G. Wayne Miller. Biography of Hardy Hendren, medical virtuoso
- King of Hearts, The True Story of the Maverick Who Pioneered Open Heart Surgery by G. Wayne Miller.